The Seacoast United Maine’s Junior Academy Program is an accelerated soccer developmental program that focuses on each player's technical ability. The Junior Academy prioritizes skill development while nurturing a love for playing in a fun, competitive, and age appropriate environment.
The Seacoast Jr. Academy is a unique and special training program for 9-10 and 11-12 year old boys and girls. The goal of the program is to develop player's ability to control the ball, build their confidence with the ball at their feet, and develop basic small sided tactical decision making. Our coaching staff provides a professional approach to prepare young players for future play at a competitive level!
For 2017-2018, the Seacoast United Mariners Junior Academy will be offered at FOUR different locations:
* Seacoast United (NH) offers the Jr. Academy program at two other Maine locations: York and South Berwick. Please click here for more information on programs/training offered at those locations.
Our Junior Academy open trials have been announced for the 2016-17’ Season. Register here!
The Jr. Mariners Program will be directly linked to the Club’s Player Development and Coaching Philosophy. The success of Seacoast United youth club teams can be attributed to the fact that the majority of SUSC’s current players are Junior Academy Graduates. Because many of our past Junior Academy youth are currently playing for SUSC Premier Teams, this truly enhances our commitment to continue to identify and nurture talented young players in a developmentally appropriate setting. Therefore, the staff directly responsible for overseeing the Seacoast United Mariners club program (U11 - U19 Boys and Girls) also coach within the Junior Academy groups.
It is our hope that those involved in our Junior Academy Program will continue to learn and enjoy playing as they move up "The Seacoast United Ladder" of soccer playing opportunities.
- Junior Academy program is an accelerated 18 week training program
- Varied Technical syllabus with emphasis on core age specific components
- Academy sessions 1.5 hrs in length
- Highest levels of instruction provided by Academy coaching staff
- Focus on 2 v 2 , 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 games, culminating in 6 v 6 play during spring league play
- ’Four Corners’ approach to coaching, which is made up of Technical, tactical, physical and psychological components
- All academy players are expected to focus, work hard and show a willingness to develop as they prepare for the next level of playwithin the club
* For additional Information on the Junior Academy please contact Branden Noltkamper at firstname.lastname@example.org